Here's the first book to examine jobs suitable for ex-offenders. Profiling 101 opportunities that are relatively open to people with not-so-hot backgrounds, this revealing book gives renewed hope and direction to ex-offenders who are uncertain what they want to do, can do, and will do in the future. It profiles 13 categories of jobs and occupations:
• Construction trades and related jobs
• Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations
• Science, math, engineering, and technology jobs
• Production occupations
• Transportation and material moving occupations
• Travel and hospitality jobs
• Computer and Internet jobs
• Health and medical care jobs
• Sales and related jobs
• Sports, entertainment, and media jobs
• Office and administrative support jobs
• Military, government, and nonprofit jobs
• Starting a business
Examining many jobs in terms of employment outlook, nature of work, working conditions, education and training requirements, expected earnings, and recommended resources, the book serves as a handy reference for exploring job options appropriate for ex-offenders who want to jump-start their lives with a good job that leads to a rewarding career. The book includes summary charts of today's best jobs and separate chapters on transitional employment experiences, job restrictions on ex-offenders, and internal and external barriers to employment.
The message throughout this ground-breaking book is very clear: Ex-offenders are employable. Given useful information, an action plan, and a positive attitude coupled with drive, they can become successful. © 2015. 144 pp. 7" x 10" Softcover.