The Passport to Career Success educates job seekers on eight important topics to help them learn and master the important skills required to become successfully employed, including:
• The proper use of social media and how to use it in a job search. Includes guidance on personal branding and how to cultivate a professional online presence. Includes examples of what not to publish online.
• Time management skills to maximize efficiency. Introduces highly productive habits that ultimately lead to workplace success.
• Professionalism and the role of soft skills. Students assess their own professionalism and improve their soft skills and workplace behaviors.
• Teamwork and the best practices for effective collaboration. Students learn how to their teamwork skills.
• Resume writing and how to "toot your own horn" appropriately. Students learn how to create attention-grabbing resumes and electronic profiles.
• Job search strategies and effective networking. Students create an action plan that, of followed and implemented, results in a good job quickly.
• Interviewing skills to make the best impression and get hired. Students learn how to answer interview questions in a way that leads to job offers. Includes an entertaining look at interview "don'ts."
• Internships as a way to get a "foot in the door." Often overlooked, internships prepare job seekers on many important workplace skills.
The Facilitator's Guide includes everything an instructor needs to conduct successful and meaningful classroom instruction. The guide contains a step-by-step guide, talking points, and course evaluations. © 2015. Grades 9 - Adult. 191 pages.
04-WB75 PASSPORT TO CAREER SUCCESS (Workbook) - The workbook and facilitator's guide are intended to be used together in a classroom or workshop setting.